- We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.
- Every attempt on our part to "fix" someone else is really an attempt to fix ourselves: "I need you to change if I'm going to be happy." Tullian Tchividjian
- Truth feareth nothing so much as concealment and desireth nothing so much as clearly to be laid open to the view of all.
- If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself. Augustine
- God is not seeking great worship, but true worshipers - a consumed people, not a consumer event (John 4:23). Scotty Ward Smith
- Today you'll envy the blessings of another or you'll bask in the wonder of the amazing grace you have been given. Paul David Tripp
- We are an elect people, not an elite people, a chosen people, not a choice people. Life in the body of Christ requires much grace. Scotty Ward Smith
- Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose.
- If the Lord is your enemy, it matters not who your friends are; if the Lord is your friend, it matters not who you enemies are.
- Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. Spurgeon
- The conscience must be taught the standards of Bible or it won't condemn when it should, justify things it shouldn't, and will impersonate the voice of God.