Summary Statement of Faith
- The Bible (the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament - the Scriptures) is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and life.
- There is but one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.
- All mankind participated in Adam's fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally helpless.
- The Sovereign God, for no other reason than His own unfathomable love and mercy has chosen lost sinners from every tribe, tongue, and nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ.
- Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens (born again), come to believe in Christ as Savior by the Word of God, become sons of God, and will persevere to the end.
- Justification is by faith alone and through it the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
- The goal of God's salvation in the life of the Christian is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.
- At death the Christian's soul passes immediately into the presence of God and the unbeliever's soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
- Baptism is a sign and seal of God's covenant promise to those who believe and their children.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Gospel of God's salvation in Jesus Christ must be published to all the world as a witness before Jesus Christ returns.
For a much more detailed expression of faith, you may wish to consult the
Westminster Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Larger Catechism
and the Westminster